AALL Proposed Revisions To Bylaws & Ethical Principles Election
During the April 2019 Executive Board Meeting, the Board approved several revisions to AALL’s Bylaws and Ethical Principles. Please email AALL at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like additional information.Polls open on Monday, July 29, 2019 and the last day to submit your ballot is Thursday, August 29, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
AALL BYLAWS PROPOSED REVISIONS
The AALL Executive Board approved proposed revisions to Article VI., Nominations and Elections; Article IX., Committees, Other Organizations, and Representatives; and Article X., Special Interest Sections of the AALL Bylaws. The proposed revisions may be reviewed here.
The following summarizes the proposed AALL Bylaws amendments that will be voted on by the AALL membership.
- Proposed amendments to article VI, section 1, paragraph 2, reflect current practice of the AALL Vice-President Elect appointing members to the Nominations Committee and timing of the approval by the AALL Executive Board.
- The proposed amendment to article VI, section 1, paragraph 4 reflects current practice of the appointment of the AALL immediate past president as vice-chair of the Nominations Committee, the term for which commences upon his or her rotation off the Executive Board in July.
- Proposed amendments to article VI, section 2 adjust certain dates for Executive Board nominations.
- The proposed amendment to article VI, section 3 reflects that the official ballot is prepared by AALL Headquarters staff and approved by the Secretary.
- Proposed amendments to article VI, section 4 reflect that elections are now primarily electronic. The proposal in paragraph 2 that tabulators counting hand ballots are members not only of the AALL but also the Chicago Association of Law Libraries (CALL) reflects current practice, and eliminates travel costs.
- The proposed amendments to article IX, sections 1 and 3, reflect that some types of committees and other organizations are created by the AALL President in consultation with the Executive Board.
- The proposed amendments to article X, sections 5 and 9, provide for a range of corrective measures for Special Interest Sections’ compliance with AALL and SISs bylaws.
AALL ETHICAL PRINCIPLES PROPOSED REVISIONS
The AALL Executive Board approved proposed revisions to the AALL Ethical Principles. AALL President Femi Cadmus appointed a special committee to review and update the current ethical principles for the Association which were last revised in 1999. The proposed revisions may be reviewed here.